About the Post

Author Information

Former Under Secretary of Homeland Security, Author of “Deadly Indifference”, National Security Blog Expert - The National Journal, Political Blogger - The Daily Caller, Radio Talk Show Host - "The Michael Brown Show", Founder & Chairman - Apoklayyis, Inc.

Thomas Peterffy: Socialism Will Make The Poor Poorer

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Thomas Peterffy: Socialism Will Make The Poor Poorer”

1. Josh #

How does “socialism” work in Canada and Norway?

October 13, 2012 at 1:20 pm
  2. Lorinda Lavenz #

VERY poignant. Wish we could have that broadcast everywhere everyday from now till the election!

October 13, 2012 at 7:55 pm
  3. Josh #

Mitt Romney promises that he will defend medicare and increase spending on it, and save social security just the way it is or even more benefits. He will also increase defense spending by ten percent all while he eliminates the deficit and makes America number one in the world in every economic and military measurement, the best part is that it will not cost anyone anything.

We need a president with the balls to defeat our greatest adversaries, MATH and REALITY. Thats why I support Mitt Romney!! Just elect Mitt, (sign over your social security and medicare) and Mitt will tell us how it all works once he is in power, wow that sounds great, I trust him, don’t you? After the 47 percent comments if the middle class elects this man they will deserve what he has planned for them. More war, little or no safety net, less upward mobility, and a great boon for those who make a living on the labor of the peasant class.

October 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm
  4. Chuck #

Peterffy is a liar. He grew up in a communist country. And he thinks no one knows the difference?

This guy, Peterffy, whining on TV moved to the U.S. when the top tax rate was 70%

and Capital Gains was anywhere from 26% to 36%. (it’s now 15%)

And he wants people to believe that since Obama wants to raise taxes on the top 2% from 35% to 39%, back to the Clinton rates, that this is somehow socialism? This guy is a disgrace. He is an American on paper only. This is one of the most vial and disgusting deceptions that I have ever seen in the media. This guy is a liar of the lowest order. He has no integrity as a human being.

October 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    • A disgrace? An American on paper only? No integrity as a human being?

So, I guess that applies to all immigrants who emigrate to this country and become successful.

You’re pretty vile, Chuck.

MB

October 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm
      • Vi Stark #

Hi!
        My family (maternal and paternal) was Hungarian immigrant like Peterffy. We didn’t become billionaires but did very well in the U.S. We are upper middle class – engineers (me) on military jobs. I understand Hungarian and have visited there. Hungary was under dictator – occupied by Russians when I visited. They didn’t have Socialism. Peterffy is a liar – and doesn’t want to pay his fair share. I pay mine because I am grateful to be in America (the country my immigrant father fought for in WW II and was wounded twice.) Hungarians were known for their ability to do what they wanted (were capitalists) even while paying lip service to the Russian occupiers. So what Peterffy says makes me ashamed of him. There is difference between Communism and Socialism. Hungary had the 1st under russia and not the latter. You will believe what you will but I know the truth and so does Peterffy. He knows he is lying like Romney.

October 29, 2012 at 3:21 pm
        • You write: “I understand Hungarian and have visited there. Hungary was under dictator…” So I take it that you differentiate between different types of statism, and as long as we call it communism instead of socialism, that’s OK.

Seriously, “lying” like Romney?

I’m fed up with people who are willing to accept dictatorships, communism, Marxism, socialism, any kind of statism.

MB

October 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm
      • paul #

The issue is not of course being against successful immigrants. There are many of them, such as George Soros. The issue is falsifying the record of the U.S. by claiming that the communist system imposed in Hungary and elsewhere has anything to do with medical care for all. If that’s really the case, then none of the European countries or Canada, all of which have good medical coverage for all citizens wo0uld be successful as characterized as entrepreneurial. What is really vile is that multi-billionaires could do and say anything they please, irrespective of the facts, because of their riches.

November 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm
        • Hating the rich…pathetic. MB

November 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm
          • paul #

You are putting words in my mouth that I didn’t say. Billionaires such as George Soros have done a lot in helping to create market economies in the former East European and Soviet states in their Open Society programs. But people who think they can say and do anything whether or not they have anything to reality is something entirely different. Why should someone like Trump be able to push his falsehoods such as the “birther” canard simply because he has unlimited funds. Wealth also has responsibility.

November 5, 2012 at 9:02 am